Before you think; ‘wow but she has expensive taste’ (I don’t) – I found the Lindt Chocolate Factory Shop! (It’s in Access Park in Kenilworth.) I will admit it’s not like I paid R5 a slab but I did end up saving quite a bit..
However much I spent on the chocolate it was SO worth it. These little pots of heaven went down so well my husband managed to find time today (in his busy work schedule) to pop home and have a spoonful (by a spoonful I of course mean an entire pot.)
They were really quick and easy to make and I would definitely suggest preparing them the next time you have friends or family over for dinner. Who is not going to love it when you pop a creamy, chocolatey, pot of decadent mousse in front of them after a grain/sugar free meal!
(It must be known that I have never been one for mousse. I am now one for mousse.)
How to make these:
Ingredients: (makes 6 little ramekins)
- 175g of 70% dark chocolate (the higher % you go the better for you, carb count wise)
- 1 egg
- pinch of salt
- 35ml coconut oil (melted)
- 300ml cream
- Melt the chocolate on the stove in a dish over some steaming water
- Whisk the egg, salt and melted coconut oil together
- Lightly whip the cream. Lightly.
- Mix the egg mix into the melted chocolate
- Gently fold the chocolate mix into the lightly whipped cream
- Spoon into ramekins and try forget about them as they set in the fridge for about an hour
- I served ours just with raspberries (some would put some more whipped cream on the top..)